Neha Dhupia story from real to reel


Neha Dhupia story from real to reel



Neha Dhupia was a former Miss India before turning Bollywood actress but not many are aware of her days of struggle. 

And her forthcoming film, Pappu Can't Dance Saala presented by Ravindra Singh reminds her of those days because she plays a back-up dancer. Also she and co-star Vinay Pathak are shown struggling to find a house in the film, and they finally end up living illegally in a Government Colony. The situation was created by writer-director Saurabh Shukla from personal experience. 

When filmmaker Shekhar Kapur called Saurabh from Delhi to Mumbai to do a television series sometime in the early '90s, the latter stayed withfriends in a government colony. "I later learned that my friends were staying unofficially and the houses in this colony were not supposed to be rented out. One day, my friends stopped me from entering the colony as it was getting raided by the vigilance department. 'I felt like a criminal. People were grabbing food, locking their houses and running to the terrace to hide, and some were even jumping out the window to escape," narrates Saurabh. 

Says Neha, "Many of us are from outside Mumbai and getting shelter here is so very difficult. My life in this city was one big struggle and it continued for very long as I went on changing houses until I found a permanent one." 
Share this article :

Post a Comment